We’re looking for a do-gooder with great artistic skills! A self-starting creative who can work independently as our ‘all in one’ design intern. You must have good ideas, a certain kind of nerdiness, and a passion for indie rock. You will be working across both of our brands: Yellow Bird Project and analog.am, so a love of vinyl is also plus.
Read the job description below and if you believe yourself to be everything that we’ve been hoping for and more, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Design Intern
Location: London (preferably)
Date of Appointment: May/June 2013
Time Commitment: 1 year
Weekly Hour Commitment: 20 Hours/week
Summary of Position: You will be responsible for assisting us with all things graphical, including but not limited to: designing t-shirts, posters, web pages, emails, banners, brochures, infographics, etc. You must be a jack of all trades; proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator, with a flair for creative website (and email) design. Illustration and/or video-making are a major plus.
Organization: Yellow Bird Project (YBP) works with an amazing range of indie rock musicians to create unique t-shirt designs that benefit an array of charities, each chosen by the musicians. Analog.am is an online, independent record store that’s dedicated to raising awareness of independent music and encouraging people to buy it.
- Work 20 hours/week, spread out over the course of the work week
- Graphic design work includes: t-shirts, posters, brochures, catalogues, etc
- Cutting edge digital design work on websites, banners, and emails (HTML knowledge not expected, but a thorough understanding of digital design trends is required)
- Special projects: virals, promotions, book projects, seasonal campaigns
- A basic understanding of the project is important. Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the website, particularly the Project’s mandate, the artist involved, and the different ventures undertaken
- The ability to multi-task different projects and work towards tight deadlines if necessary
- Positive attitude (Think more Big Bird rather than Oscar)
- Must work well in a team dynamic: Yellow Bird Project is a collaborative effort and no bird or tweeter is every sidelined!
- We want conceptual thinkers who can come up with original campaign ideas and execute them from start to finish
- Language Requirements: Proficient and literate in English
- Education Requirements: Bachelor Degree
- Work Experience in relevant field: asset, but not required
- Computer Experience: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Equipment to be provided by intern:
- Candidate must possess their own laptop with required software, i.e. Photoshop, Indesign, etc
- Excellent experience with many of the charities, artists, and Yellow Bird Project community members
- Gain industry knowledge: introduction into the realm of entertainment, music, and fashion
- Letters of recommendation provided upon successful completion of the internship
- Possibility of job-offer upon successful completion
Want to be one of the newest Yellow Birds? Send your CV, 2 references, and an example of why you would be a good candidate for this Project (graphical design/illustration work, videos, school projects, etc).
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2013